Position Title: Office & Administration Coordinator Status: Regular, Non-Exempt, 25-40 hours/week Location: On-site in office, located…
Vital Communities is an Equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to: employment, volunteer participation, participation in our programs or events, or the provision of services.
Vital Communities is more than an equal opportunity employer. As embodied in our mission statement, we are committed to the principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI). We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender identity, race, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or disability with respect to employment, volunteer opportunities, participation in our programs and events, or the provision of services.
We actively seek diverse candidates who share our mission and values. To do so, we:
- Review job descriptions for implicit bias and gendered terms
- Value lived experience as well as or in lieu of formal education
- Apply a standardized hiring process and objective metrics that are applied equally to all applicants
- Explicitly encourage a diverse pool of candidates through targeted referrals and job postings
Our JEDI commitment extends beyond the hiring process as we seek to provide the best possible experience to our employees. We:
- Incorporate JEDI principles both internally and in our work in the community
- Present substantive learning opportunities and sessions on JEDI to provide information and resources to staff, Board, and community members
- Offer all staff professional development opportunities
- Empower staff to fully engage in their work, employing creative solutions and contributing to the strategic direction of the organization
- Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression, and disparity throughout our organization and our work
We seek to continuously improve and, at a minimum of annually, review our policies and procedures to apply new learning.
Positions are first posted internally, reflecting our commitment to developing current staff. Remaining opportunities will then be posted publicly via newspaper classifieds, online posting sites, community discussion lists, and throughout our networks.
To apply for a position, submit a cover letter, résumé, and any other requested materials to email@example.com. If you are unable to complete the application process, you can request reasonable accommodations, and we will be happy to assist you.
Applications will be acknowledged, and timelines will be communicated to all applicants.
At each stage of evaluation, an established rubric will be used to evaluate candidates and to select those who will proceed to the next phase of the recruitment process.
Phone screens will be offered to selected candidates.
From this pool, in person or Zoom interviews will be offered to selected candidates. A standard list of questions will be used. The interview team will include the position’s direct supervisor as well as at least two additional staff members.
Depending on the position, a second interview with a different or larger hiring panel may be required.
References of top candidates will be checked and an offer made.