Modern Wood Pellet Heating Forum
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2015, 6–8 pm
Montshire Museum in Norwich, Vermont – and ONLINE
This forum will focus on central wood pellet heating technology for residential and commercial settings. This technology is highly efficient and more affordable than ever thanks to several new incentives in both New Hampshire and Vermont. A modern wood pellet boiler can completely replace a conventional oil boiler for a fraction of the annual heating cost. And there are no heavy pellet bags to haul. Central pellet boilers are fed automatically from a hopper, and the hopper is filled with pellets by a delivery truck.
Experts in wood pellet modern wood heating technology will discuss:
- Central residential and commercial modern wood heating technology, including efficiency
- How wood pellets are processed, delivered, stored, and automatically fed to the boiler
- Environmental concerns (sustainable harvesting, short vs. long term carbon release, particulates, etc.)
- Pricing and availability of boilers and pellets
- Economics of modern wood heat vs. fossil fuels
- Incentives and financing
- Adam Sherman, Biomass Energy Resource Center
- Maura Adams, Northern Forest Center
- Charlie Niebling, Innovative Natural Resource Solutions
- Scott Nichols, Tarm USA
- Morton Bailey, Lyme Green Heat
This forum is free and, open to the public, and light refreshments will be served.
Can’t make it to the Montshire on September 15? Thanks to Bob “The Green Guy” Farnham, we will stream the forum live and post the video for viewing after the event at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNT2NFOgrO0
Organizational cosponsors: Sustainable Energy Resource Group, Vital Communities, Efficiency Vermont, Northern Forest Center, Biomass Energy Resource Center, Renewable Energy Vermont, Sierra Club Upper Valley Group, Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission,Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Regional Planning Commission, Alliance for Green Heat
For more information contact Sarah@VitalCommunities.org (802.291.9100 x109) or SERG@SERG-Info.org (802.785.4126).