“Love your Farmer” Scavenger Hunts at participating farmers’ markets in the Upper Valley, to Celebrate New Hampshire Eat Local Month and Vermont Open Farm week August 15-21.
The “Love Your Farmer” Scavenger Hunt takes kids around the market to find, count, taste, and tell us what they love about farms and farmers at the market. When the child returns from the hunt, every kid gets a small prize for participating and is entered in to a raffle to win a grand prize of a $50 gift certificate to Riverview Farm. It’s simple to participate! Visit one of the participating markets near you (see below) and find the Scavenger Hunt table to begin your fun and tasty hunt around the vendor tents.
Eleven farmers’ markets in the Upper Valley are partnering with Vital Communities to host scavenger hunts at their markets the week of August 15-21. In New Hampshire, the Lebanon, New London, Hanover, and Canaan markets will host the scavenger hunt. In Vermont, the Bellows Falls, South Royalton, Hartland, Windsor, Norwich, Chelsea, and Barnard markets will host scavenger hunts.
- New London Farmers Market (NH) – Wednesday 8/17/16
- Hanover Farmers Market (NH) – Wednesday 8/17/16
- Lebanon Farmers Market (NH) – Thursday 8/18/16
- Barnard Farmers Market (VT) – Thursday 8/18/16
- South Royalton Farmers Market (VT) – Thursday 8/18/16
- Chelsea Farmers Market (VT) – Friday 8/19/16
- Hartland Farmers Market (VT) – Friday 8/19/16
- Bellows Falls Farmers Market (VT) – Friday 8/19/16
- Norwich Farmers Market (VT) – Saturday 8/20/16
- Windsor Farmers Market (VT) – Saturday 8/20/16
- Canaan Farmers Market (NH) – Sunday 8/21/16
This project is supported by the Thomas W. Haas Fund of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation and the USDA Farmers Market Promotion Program.
For more information, Contact Beth Roy at Vital Communities: Beth@VitalCommunities.org