New Hampshire businesses, farmers, entrepreneurs, nonprofits, community initiatives: Do you have an incredible project just waiting to happen? Want to grow your organization, our community, and the local economy, but don’t have access to capital?
Selected Route 11 Corridor proposals will receive a $500 stipend to produce a crowdfunding campaign video. Studies show that crowdfunding campaigns with videos raise four times more funds than campaigns without videos.
All crowdfunding campaign teams receive hands-on technical assistance to help them launch a successful crowdfunding campaign. Campaign teams also receive a free crowdfunding assessment to ensure that they receive the coaching and training that best fits each team’s needs.
Submit a proposal for 2021 crowdfunding campaigns if:
- Your organization is based in Claremont, Newport, Kearsarge Region
- Your project is budgeted for under $10,000 .
- Your project is simple, achievable, and will generate excitement in your community (and, if part of a bigger project, has stand-alone value.)
- Your project will create an economic and/or social benefit to your business and the community
- You are able to invest time to build a successful fundraising campaign
Sample project ideas: Farm infrastructure, renewable energy installation, community garden or art project, vehicle to expand nonprofit service, capital to launch a new rural enterprise, food business equipment
The Local Crowd Upper Valley FAQ here.
The Local Crowd details:
You (project/campaign creator) will need to:
- Form a Campaign Team to actively promote your fundraising project
- Work closely with the The Local Crowd team to leverage training, marketing, and community outreach tools
- Adhere to the keys of success promoted by The Local Crowd platform: YOU share with your personal network. YOU make it happen.
You will receive:
- Support from The Local Crowd team to run a successful funding campaign
- Access to business development support from project partners including NH SBDC and SBA
- Marketing and outreach support to spread the word about your project
- Free Crowdfunding Readiness Assessment ($85 value)
- Funds raised via the crowdfunding campaign for the designated project (less platform and credit card fees)
- Opportunity to reduce platform fees if you meet campaign milestones