Thanks to the Domestic Diva for sharing this amazing dressing with us!
Buttermilk Basil Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 sour cream
- 2+ tbsp finely chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine using any of the following options:
- Super simple (for small quantities): put all ingredients in a mug, and agitate in a circular motion with a fork.
- Still pretty simple: put all ingredients in a glass jar with a lid (like a canning jar), tighten the lid, and shake like the dickens–a fun job for kiddos.
- Simple: put all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk vigorously.
- Not-so-simple, but still fun (good for larger quantities): Pull out your food processor or (the Diva’s favorite) Magic Bullet, add solid ingredients first (like garlic or ginger) and pulse until everything is minced. Then all other non-oil ingredients (vinegar, maple syrup, tamari, etc), and then, while the processor is still on, add the oil slowly. Voila. You’ll have a tasty and emulsified dressing.
If you’re making a big batch, leftovers can be kept in a sealed jar in your refrigerator for up to five days.