I found this remarkable easy cobbler recipe at Divas Can Cook and was so surprised by how delicious it was and that the ingredients include only what you typically have in your pantry. The original recipe is for strawberry cobbler, but I’ve made this with every type of berry (sometimes, even a mixture of berries). Using fresh berries is best, but you can even use frozen berries to make this an easy dessert you can whip up year-round.
Photo Credit: Julia A Reed
Easy Berry Cobbler
- 3 cups fresh berries, diced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- ½-3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9-inch casserole dish
- In a medium bowl, mix strawberries and sugar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, and melted butter, stir until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into greased dish.
- Spoon berries evenly on top of the batter. Do NOT stir.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold. Even better with a little ice cream 😉
Feature Image Photo Credit: Julia A Reed