- Apr 04 2022 - May 26 2022
- All Day
Climate Action Challenge
Offered virtually beginning April 4th through May 26th
Presented by New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility (NHBSR), in partnership with the University of New Hampshire
What is the Climate Action Challenge?
An eight-week program designed to engage you and your workplace team in climate action! No expertise needed, only passion! There are four modules, each is two weeks in duration.
Module 1: The Science Behind Climate Change
Module 2: Business as a Force for Change
Module 3: Climate Strategies & Opportunities
Module 4: Putting the Action Into Climate Action
Every week you will receive two emails with readings and resources. The emails will be sent out on Mondays and Wednesdays. Get a quick summary on the topic or dig deeper – you choose!
At the end of each module, you’ll have the opportunity to hear from local experts in climate change and action. They’ll bring to life all the ideas presented throughout the challenge, allow you the space to ask your questions.
April 14th, 11:00 AM – Noon, The Science & the Impacts of Climate Change
- Dr. Cameron Wake, University of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute
April 28th, 11:00 AM – Noon, The Road to Net Zero: Strategies that Work
- Panelists: Jenny Levy, EVP at Hypertherm, UNH Carbon Clinic Representative, Energy Efficiency for Business
May 12th, 11:00 AM – Noon, Climate Strategies & Opportunities
- Panelists: Sam Evans-Brown (Clean Energy NH), Robin Tindall (Hypertherm), Dana Bourne (Stonyfield Organic), Theresa Conn (NEMO Equipment)
May 26th, 11:00 AM – Noon, Putting the Action into Climate Action
- Panelists: Will be announced shortly
By the end of the Challenge, you’ll have the foundation for your Climate Action Plan!
Why take the Challenge?
- Learn the science, local impact, and opportunities to create change
- Develop actionable plans
- Connect with other business and community professionals interested in having a positive impact in addressing the challenges we are facing
- Become the change you wish to see!
What is the program cost?
Our inaugural offering will be free to all thanks to our sponsors. Future offerings will only be free to NHBSR members.