- Jun 14 2022
- 4:30 pm
Regenerative Agriculture: How can businesses work in collaboration with the land?
The first event in our VBSR People.Planet.Prosperity. Speaker Series, this event focuses on the increasing importance of Regenerative Agriculture, how the speakers have embraced it, and why it should be incorporated it into your business.
“Regenerative agriculture is a philosophy, a methodology, and a scientific approach to land management. Its guidelines and teachings ask us, “How can we work in collaboration with the land?” instead of “What can we get from the land?” – Emily Marquis and Don Smith, Kiss the Ground
To start we will hear from a panel of experts on their organization’s approach to regenerative agriculture from 4:30 – 5:30 pm. Speakers include:
- Heather Darby, Extension Professor: Agronomy Specialist at University of Vermont Extension
- Will Raap, Chairman and Founder of Gardener’s Supply Company, Founder of Intervale Center, Owner of Earthkeep Farmcommon
- Will Allen, Farm Co-Founder, Board Member at Cedar Circle Farm
- Mollie Wills, Grassroots Organizing Director at Rural Vermont
- Julie Davenson, President of the Board of Directors at NOFA-NH, Producer Network Coordinator at Southshire Meats, Farmer Network Director at the Regenerative Food Network
This will be followed by a reception from 5:30 – 7:30 pm on King Arthur Baking’s outdoor patio where folks can network, reflect on what we’ve learned, and meet our panelists. There will be a bar run by SILO Distillery with cocktails, cider, beer and wine that will accept cash or credit. King Arthur Baking will also provide FREE pizza, cookies, salad, iced tea, and lemonade as well as live music by Beecharmer!
This event is also kid-friendly to accommodate those traveling from other parts of the state. There will be a kid-friendly activity outside during the panel and kid-friendly snacks available during the reception. There will be outdoor seating available, but please feel free to bring lawn chairs and picnic blankets if you would like to spread out!
Free parking available on site.
All members of New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility and Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility are welcome to attend for FREE!