Suggestions for Quest Field Trips
Science Field Trip Suggestions
Use the quest site as an outdoor classroom, and supplement with readings, journaling, and age-appropriate field science activities.
- Wrights Mountain Quest, Bradford, VT
Northern Forest ecosystem
- Esther Currier Quest, Elkins, NH
Wetlands and beaver habitat
- Mink Brook Quest, Hanover, NH
Several habitats:field, brook and forest
- Sally’s Salamander Meander, Hartford, VT
A large vernal pool.
- Lonesome Pine, Thetford, VT
Field, forest and wetland habitats, plus swimming.
- Forest Quest, Woodstock, VT
Do it on your own; or join one of the quests led by marsh Billings Rockefeller national Historic park staff.
Social Studies Field Trips
These Quests are located at important historical sites and museums.
- Ben Thresher’s Mill, Barnet, VT
A well-preserved 19th century mill and blacksmith shop
- Hartford Civil War Quest, Hartford, VT
A great outing before making a civil war quest in your town. See civil war quest info.
- Saint-Gaudens Quest, Cornish, NH
Learn about art, and one of America’s great sculptors
- Center of Town Village Quest, Hartford, VT
Early settlement:1st meeting house, school, inn, mustering ground. See colonial quest info.