- 2 ears of corn
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion, halved and papery outside skin removed
- 2 medium-hot peppers (your preference)
- small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce (optional)
- lime juice (optional)
- Soak the ears of corn in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to high heat and lightly coat the grates with olive oil.
- Place the corn, tomatoes, onion, and peppers on the grill, intact.
- Cook until everything is slightly charred.
- Let cool a couple of minutes before handling and then remove the corn husks, tomato stem, and outer layer of skin on the peppers and onions.
- Slice the corn off the cob, chop the onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Toss everything together in a large bowl with some salt, a glug of oil and a splash of lime juice, and a couple of dashes of hot sauce, if using.