As part of Shop Indie Local Season, we invite you to celebrate an Indigenous Thanksgiving. Here’s some inspiration!
- Watch the film, Gather (now available on Netflix)
- Explore Indigenous Foodways
- 9 Ways to Decolonize and Honor Native Peoples on Thanksgiving
- Read Indigenous New Hampshire’s “The Story of the ‘First Thanksgiving'”
- Share other Indigenous Thanksgiving resources with us!
“Indigenous people and their food systems are resilient. We have withstood historical and ongoing attempts to starve, change, and alter every facet of our food systems. But we hold strong to our knowledge that food is a connection to our past, to our people, and to our lands.”
~ First Nations Development Institute