Do you have an incredible project just waiting to happen — one that would strengthen your business, our community, and the local economy — if only you had the funds to make it happen?
- Is your business a “social enterprise” that addresses social and/or environmental issues?
- Will your project support community goals, while keeping to a budget of $15,000 or less?
If you said yes to these questions…THANK YOU! And please consider applying to launch a crowdfunding campaign with The Local Crowd!
The Local Crowd Upper Valley, a community-based crowdfunding program hosted by Vital Communities, invites emerging and established businesses based in the Upper Valley of New Hampshire and Vermont to submit project proposals.
Find our application here. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
To qualify, you must:
- Be interested in raising $15,000 or less for your enterprise. (Larger amounts can work but please reach out to us first before you apply.)
- Have a simple, achievable fundraising campaign that will generate excitement in our community. Your proposal can be part of a bigger project, but it should have stand-alone value.
- Show how your campaign will create an economic benefit to your business and the community you serve. How will the proposed project expand your customer base, deliver a better (or expanded) service or strengthen your existing business? How does this ultimately benefit others?
- Be ready to begin working on your fundraising efforts within one month of applying.
- Preference will be given to projects that align with their city/town’s master plan and strengthen our local economy.
When you participate, you will receive these benefits:
- Raise money for your enterprise using The Local Crowd’s crowdfunding platform.
- Participate in TLC’s dynamic, expert coaching program to help you achieve crowdfunding success — and enhance the outreach of your enterprise.
- Connect with other social entrepreneurs in your community and other Local Crowd Communities around the country.
Your participation will require your time and energy. When you participate, you will be expected to:
- Complete a post-project survey.
- Follow crowdfunding best practices as described by your coach.
- Form a campaign team that will actively promote your fundraising project to their personal networks.
- Work closely with The Local Crowd’s team to leverage training, marketing, and community outreach tools.
- Help us spread the word by sharing your success story through various media and social media outlets.
While there are no upfront costs, The Local Crowd charges a 5% admin fee that is applied to all contributions. This fee is used to pay costs associated with hosting, administering, and promoting the platform and for providing direct assistance to campaign creators.
How to Apply
To have a project campaign considered for The Local Crowd Upper Valley, please fill out this online form* or submit a 1-2 page proposal to email@example.com.
Please include the following:
- Name of the individual at business/organization who will be the primary person responsible for the project;
- Project name, town/city, and business/organization’s name;
- Your business mission and how it meets a social need;
- Project description and cost;
- Business/organizational need;
- How will your project impact the community?
*Our online form is also available below.
For more information, contact Jen Risley at 603-400-9157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.