This July, take an Upper Valley Staycation!
Across the US, July is Independents Month — a month-long celebration of the independent local businesses that do so much for our communities.
In the Upper Valley, July is a big time for vacations — when we go to other places and spend money in their shops and restaurants. This year, with high gas prices, why not make it a staycation? Forget the high gas prices and spend your vacation dollars here in the independent local businesses that do so much for our economy and communities!
The Challenge is easy:
- Step 1 – Take a pre-survey.
- Step 2 – Take a post-survey in July (you’ll receive it through email!)
- Complete both surveys for your chance to win one of two Staycation packages.
The WINNER of our Off the Beaten Path Upper Valley Staycation Package will receive this fabulous package:
- Two-Night Farmstay at Liberty Hill Farm & Inn (2 Adults) in Rochester, VT (Value $608, plus VT 9% room and meals tax). Includes dinner served at 6 pm, lodging, full breakfast at 8 am, and all farm activities.
- Weekend rental of two fat-tire bikes from The Gear House to explore the many trail networks in the White River Valley!
- $100 Gift Certificate to The Kitchen at Bent Hill Brewery, located on a 16-acre farm in the hills of Braintree, VT (which grows fruit and food products used in some of their beers), with a vegan/vegetarian menu.
The WINNER of our Fun Upper Valley Staycation Package will receive this fabulous package:
- Four tickets to the Vermont Institute of Natural Science. Explore the Raptors, Adventure Playscape, Nature Trails, and the amazing Forest Canopy Walk, and Birds Are Dinosaurs and the Forest Exhibit.
- $75 Gift certificate to The Skinny Pancake, on a mission to change the world by building a safer, healthier and more delicious food shed while creating everyday enjoyment that is fun and affordable. Open 7 days a week with crepes, coffee, burgers, beer, wine, and cocktails.
- $50 Gift Certificate to Sugarbush Farm. Third generation Luce Family Farm is located on a scenic road outside Woodstock, and is famous for its excellent waxed cheeses and pure maple syrup made right on the farm. Farm and store open seven days.
- $25 Gift Certificate to the Junction Fiber Mill, an artisan wool mill in the heart of White River Junction.
Planning to spend time in the Monadnock Region? Enter the MONADNOCK STAYCATION Challenge!
Spending time in another part of the US? Enjoy what locally owned and independent businesses offer wherever you’re visiting. Ask locals where their favorites are and look for independent business alliances in the areas you’re visiting.
What’s Independents Month?
A program created by the American Independent Business Network (AMIBA), Independents Month is a time to recognize our locally owned and independent businesses and the community values they embody:
- Their spirit of entrepreneurship, individuality, uniqueness, and character.
- How they give back to our community with their time, talents, goods, and services.
- How they fulfill community needs that make us healthier and wealthier.
Independents Month, part of AMIBA’s Shop Indie Local Initiative, is the perfect time to shine a light on the Upper Valley Indie Impact Study, focusing on the Local Multiplier Effect. Let’s take positive action by boosting the positive ripple effects our neighborhoods, towns, and cities receive when we spend more dollars at locally owned, independent businesses. Stay tuned!
It Starts With You
Independents Month is a time to reflect on your ability to think and act independently and embrace your part in shaping the future of your community. Shop Indie Local and boost the multiplier effect in your region. Also, take time to acknowledge the independent business owners you know. Another way to celebrate Independents Month is to take the Indie Challenge. Pledge to make all of your purchases at locally owned businesses for one day, one week, or the entire month.
Questions? Email Nancy!