Join people around the Upper Valley and nationwide and take the bus Thursday, June 21 for the 13th annual Dump the Pump Day. Stagecoach and Connecticut River Transit (“The Current”) will be FARE-FREE. And Advance Transit is ALWAYS FREE!
Need some reasons? Here are a few.
Public Transportation Saves Money
- A household can save nearly $10,000 by getting rid of one car and taking the bus instead.
- New Hampshire and Vermont drivers spend more than $1 BILLION annually on fuel and most of those dollars leave the state.
Public Transportation Reduces Gasoline Consumption
- Public transportation saves Americans 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually.
Public Transportation Is Better for the Environment
- Communities that invest in public transit reduce the nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually
Public Transportation Is Safer Than Automobile Travel
- Traveling by bus is 10 times safer per mile than traveling by automobile.
Public Transportation Boosts the Economy
- Every $1 invested in public transportation generates $4 in economic returns.