The Vermont Transportation Efficiency Network (VTEN) is a group of advocates, planners, and providers working together to reduce negative impacts and improve efficiency in Vermont’s transportation sector.
Formed by the High Meadows Fund in 2010, VTEN is now convened by Vital Communities and provides a forum for transportation professionals to network, discuss opportunities, and celebrate success stories.
Whether you’re a business that wants to help its employees save on commuting or you’re an interested citizen who wants to make your community more efficient, the following resources can help.
This document provides guidance on how to estimate vehicle trip reductions from Transportation Demand Management (TDM) measures implemented for new developments. These estimates may inform adjustments to any impact or mitigation fee paid under Act 250 and/or Act 145 proportional to traffic generated by the site. NOTE: This guidance provides a tool to help estimate the potential reduction in vehicle trip generation for TDM strategies in different contexts but is not an adopted policy or standard of the Vermont Agency of Transportation.
Town Commute Data
Richmond Energy Committee and VTEN member Ian Stokes has pulled 2010 Census data on commuting for the whole state, town by town. He can help your community compile miles traveled, the number of commuters by each transportation mode, and estimate the amount of CO2 emitted. Contact Ian here.
Land use and transportation web resource and blog by VTEN member Julie Campoli, author and urban designer. Become a contributor!
- Transportation Checklist for Human Resources Departments
- Mobility Checklist for Planners and Developers
Regional Transportation Plans
- Addison County Regional Planning Commission
- Bennington County Regional Commission
- Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission
- Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission
- Lamoille County Regional Planning Commission
- Northeastern Vermont Development Association
- Northwest Regional Planning Commission
- Rutland Regional Planning Commission
- Southern Windsor County Regional Planning Commission
- Two-Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission
- Windham Regional Commission
Additional Transportation Plan Resources
Transportation Resources and Services
Topic: Sharing Lessons from Chittenden County: Adapting Urban Solutions to the Rural Context
Topic: Connecting the Dots on Transit
Topic: Community and Statewide Approaches to Improving Intermodality
Topic: Legislator Meet and Greet & Transportation Advocacy
Topic: Partnering with Municipalities on Transportation Efficiency
Topic: Using Transportation Data to Advance our TDM efforts
Topic: Health and Transportation
Topic: Climate Change Mitigation
Topic: Transportation Management Associations (TMAs)
Topic: Transportation Demand Management Efforts in Rural Areas
Topic: Economic Development and Transportation Demand Management
Topic: Marketing and Policy
June (White River Junction):
Topic: Business Partners
Topic: Vermont State Comprehensive Energy Plan
Topic: Behavior Change Case Study Workshops: Smart Commute and CarShare Vermont
- Smart Commute Agenda
- Smart Commute Case Study
- Smart Commute Workshop Notes
- CarShare Vermont Agenda
- CarShare Vermont Case Study
- CarShare Vermont Workshop Notes
Topic: Smart Commute Upper Valley