Turkey and Stuffin’ Soup
- 4-6 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Leftover carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 quarts turkey stock
- 1 1/2 pounds light and dark turkey meat, diced
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup leftover prepared peas (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish. Place dish in the oven and reheat 12-15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add EVOO. Add carrots. Add celery and onion and lightly season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and stock and bring the liquid to a boil by raising the heat. Add turkey and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley and peas if using.
- Remove stuffing from oven. Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of a soup bowl. Ladle soup around stuffing ball. Your soup will look like a chunky matzo ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.