Upper Valley Adaptation Work Group
Events and Forums 2012-2016
Looking for more information about our past forums?
We have a complete archive of our past forums on the Upper Valley Lake Sunapee Region Planning Commission website. There you can access past presentations, watch video from the events, and check out handouts and resources from the forum.
Stay up to date for our upcoming forums & events and connect with adaptation resources and experts.
What Does Adaptation Look Like?
October 25, 2016
Climate Impacts to Health
March 30, 2016
Nonprofit Partnering for Natural Disasters and Community-Based Climate Resilience
May 1, 2015
Business Continuity Workshop for Regional Economic Resiliency
February 3, 2015
Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety Hand-Outs
- OFB-EZ booklet
- OFB-EZ FAQs
- OFB-EZ Fact Sheet
- Disaster Planning Made Easy
- Business Continuity: Make Plans Instead of Excuses
- Article: What’s in Your Business Disaster Recovery Toolbox?
- Article: Everything Under One Roof: How to Prepare a Home-Based Business for a Disaster
- Article: Safely Filed: The Importance of Business Record Protection to Business Continuity
- Article: Supply Management: Reducing the Weak Links in Your Business’ Supply Chain
- Article: Knowing Your Risks: The Starting Point for Business Protection and Business Continuity Planning
Vermont Small Business Development Center
- Is Your Business Resilient to Climate Change?
Erich Osterberg, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Earth Science, Dartmouth College
- Business Continuity Planning Overview
Bonnie Canal, Managing Partner, The Resiliency Institute, New Orleans, LA
- Panel Presentation – Kevin Geiger, AICP CFM, Senior Planner, TRORC
- Panel Presentation – Deborah S. Eibner, Area Business Advisor, VT SBDC
- Panel Presentation – Patrick Crowl, Woodstock Farmers Market
Is Your Town Ready for the Next Flood?
April 28, 2014
- Welcome – Alex Jaccaci, UVAW Co-Chair
- Flooding Events: Assessing Vulnerability and Building Capacity to Respond – Michael Simpson, MS, Antioch University
- Panel Presentation – Kurt Blumquist, P.E., Public Works Director, City of Keene, NH
- Panel Presentation – Bill Kearns, Emergency Management Director, Selectman, Zoning Officer, Town of Grafton, VT
- Panel Presentation – Kevin Geiger, AICP, Certified Floodplain Manager, Senior Planner, Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission
- Stronger Communities, Healthier Landscapes: The Multiple Benefits of Preparing for Climate Change – Elizabeth Sawin, Climate Interactive
- Forum Resource Sheet
- Resource: 21 Things YOU Can do to Prepare for Climate Change
- Resource: 28 Things A MUNICIPALITY Can do to Prepare for Climate Change
- Mitigation and Disaster Recovery in Federal Disasters
- Forum Flier
Building Climate Resilient Communities in the Upper Valley
September 30, 2013
- Forum Overview
- Climate Change in Southern New Hampshire: Past, Present, and Future – Cameron Wake, PhD
- Impact of Climate Change on Public Health – Robert McLellan, MD, MPH
- Climate Change and the Built Environment – Michael Simpson, MS
- Final Project Report: Design and Implementation of a Decision-Support Program for Adapting Civil Infrastructures to Climate Change (April 2012)
- Lessons Learned from Irene, and Sandy, and the Lebanon Flooding, and…– Anne Duncan Cooley, Esq
- Climate and Adaptation Priorities – Audience Polling
- Forum Flier
- Resource: Climate Change and Adaptation Terms & Definitions
- Resource: UVAW Climate Change Resources