Apple recipes are great for making sweet dishes also nutritious. Apple Cartwheels (by www.tasteofhome.com) combine an alluring mixture of apples, creamy peanut butter, honey, raisins, and chocolate chips.
Ingredients: ¼ cup of peanut butter 1 tsp of honey ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips 2 tbsp of raisins 4 medium-size unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
All you have to do is combine the peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl, then the chocolate chips and raisins. Fill the centers of the apples with the mixture and refrigerate for about an hour. Finally, cut the apples into ¼ inch rings and enjoy! This recipe is moderately low in calories (50 per apple ring) but will fill you up quickly!
NEED A FEW GOOD REASONS SHOULD YOU EAT MORE APPLES?
1. Eating apples (the biting and chewing) keeps cavities away.
2. Apples can reduce your risk of many cancers.
3. They are high in soluble fiber, which decreases the risk of diabetes.
4. Apples decrease cholesterol and keep your heart healthy.
5. Eating more apples will also keep disease away by increasing immune system function and are helpful inmaintaining a healthy liver!
Eat up :]