Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 pound of leftover turkey meat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound leftover Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound leftover sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups Israeli couscous
- 3 to 4 tablespoons softened butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh juice from about 2 lemons
- Pour 3 1/3 cups of water into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the couscous and a pinch of salt. Cook, adjusting the heat if water thinks about boiling over, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain in a colander when done.
- Add two tablespoons of the butter to a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the dried cranberries, almonds, and a pinch of salt, and stir well. Cook until almonds are lightly toasted. Add the drained couscous and stir well. Turn off the heat and add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice as well as Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. Stir to combine. Taste, and add more butter or lemon juice if needed. Season with more salt and pepper.
- Divide the couscous mixture between three large bowls, and top with some pulled turkey. Serve immediately.