Turkey and Stuffin’ Soup
- 4-6 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Leftover carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 quarts turkey stock
- 1 1/2 pounds light and dark turkey meat, diced
- A handful of flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup leftover prepared peas, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish. Place dish in oven and reheat 12-15 minutes, until warmed through.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add EVOO. Add carrots. Add celery and onion and lightly season vegetables with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf and stock and bring liquid to a boil by raising heat. Add turkey and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer about 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley, and peas, if using.
- Remove stuffing from oven. Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of a soup bowl. Ladle soup around stuffing ball. Your soup will look like a chunky matzo ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.