We’re thrilled to be celebrating another milestone for Vermont Everyone Eats. Over 2 million meals have been served! This statewide program pays Vermont restaurants $10 a meal to prepare free, nutritious meals to Vermonters experiencing food insecurity. Restaurants are required to source at least 10% of their ingredients locally, so the program benefits Vermont farmers and food producers, too.
Our local hub, Upper Valley Everyone Eats supports 10 restaurants in our region and since we started in September 2020, we’ve:
- Distributed over 152,000 nutritious, restaurant-made meals to Upper Valley Vermonters experiencing food insecurity. Couldn’t have done it without our 45+ distribution partners, all on the VT side of the Upper Valley, most of which are food shelves, community meal sites, senior centers, schools, and churches.
- Served over 110,000 individuals, 58,000 households, and 33,000 seniors.
- Paid out over $1.5 million total (at $10/meal) to the ten Upper Valley restaurants that have participated in this program over the past 17 months. What a much-needed stimulus for our local economy!
- Recorded over $108,000 in revenue to local farmers and food producers.
- Tallied dozens of hours of meal delivery driving from an incredible crew of local volunteers.
- Been radically inspired by the passion, care, and resilience of our community.
Vermont Everyone Eats has been approved to continue through April 1, 2022. To enroll in Everyone Eats, contact UVEE’s Hub Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about UVEE, visit vitalcommunities.org/uvee.